Simple life, simple pleasure
Sometimes life feels too full! JUST TOO MUCH IS GOING ON! Something like ordering the El Grande Super Combo plate and the waiter asks you ” are you REALLY hungry? ” and you eat the entire meal! WAY TOO FULL!
I’m finding that many in the western world are living life to the max and not necessarily in a good way! No boundaries to protect what is really important in life as there is a subtle fear that we might miss out on something. Anything!
I see it on my own life- a regular serving of social media, with a side of local news and topped off with a generous portion of current affairs! Not to mention social engagements, sporting events, keeping up with the Jones (whoever they are) and ever present family commitments. Too much!
The simple life on the other hand is nearly an extinct lifestyle in the ‘first world’!
But consider a slow cooked life, with the focus on simple things, rather than a fast fried lifestyle seasoned with stress!
The benefits of a simple life are a sense of calm which leads to a healthier, longer and more satisfying life.
Here are some tips that have simplified my life, simplicity brings peace!
PICK A FEW FROM THE LIST THAT RESONATE WITH YOU AND INCLUDE “HOW TO SAY NO GRACEFULLY”.
- LIVE BENEATH YOUR MEANS
- RETURN EVERYTHING YOU BORROW (ESPECIALLY MONEY)
- STOP BLAMING OTHER PEOPLE
- ADMIT IT WHEN YOU MAKE A MISTAKE
- GIVE CLOTHES NOT WORN TO CHARITY
- DO SOMETHING NICE AND TRY NOT TO GET CAUGHT
- LISTEN MORE; TALK LESS
- TAKE A WALK OUTDOORS EVERYDAY (WHATEVER THE WEATHER)
- BE ON TIME, DON’T MAKE EXCUSES
- DON’T ARGUE, GET ORGANISED
- BE KIND TO UNKIND PEOPLE
- LET SOMEONE CUT IN AHEAD OF YOU
- TAKE TIME TO BE ALONE
- CULTIVATE GOOD MANNERS
- BE HUMBLE
- REALISE AND ACCEPT THAT LIFE ISN’T FAIR
- LEARN WHEN TO BE SILENT
- LIVE LIFE WITHOUT BEING CRITICAL, UNLESS IT’S CONSTRUCTIVE
- LEARN FROM THE PAST, PLAN FOR THE FUTURE
- LIVE IN THE PRESENT
- SMILE AND BE JOYFUL
WE SHALL NEVER KNOW ALL THE GOOD THAT A SIMPLE SMILE CAN DO. Mother Teresa
Is your life too full? What are your tips to simplify?